FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 14, 2014
Town Receiver of Taxes to Hold Property Assessment Grievance Workshops
MEDIA CONTACTS: Ryan Mulholland, Sam Marksheid and Rebecca Cheng | (516) 869-7794
North Hempstead, NY –Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman would like to invite you to a Property Assessment Grievance Workshop near you. If you pay taxes on property in Nassau County, you have the right to appeal your property’s annual assessment set by the Nassau County Department of Assessment on January 2nd. You do not need to use an attorney to file a grievance. It takes only a few moments to complete the Application for Correction of Property Tax Assessment. The filing period is January 2 - March 3, 2014 with the Nassau County Assessment Review Commission.
Mr. Berman will review the property assessment grievance process at this valuable workshop, and staff members will be on hand with applications for your convenience. Please bring your Notice of Tentative Assessment for 2015/2016 (issued by the Nassau County Department of Assessment on January 2, 2014).
Dates, times and locations for the 2014 Property Assessment Grievance Workshops are:
- Tuesday, January 14, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm at Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
- Wednesday, January 15, 1:30 pm-3:30 pm at Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
- Monday, January 27, 2:00-3:30 pm at Great Neck Public Library, 159 Bayview Avenue, Great Neck
- Tuesday, January 28, 7:00 pm-8:45 pm at Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park
- Thursday, January 30, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm at Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Road, Roslyn
- Thursday, January 30, 7:00 pm-8:30 pm at East Williston Public Library, 2 Prospect Street, East Williston
- Thursday, February13, 7:00 pm-8:30 pm at Westbury Memorial Public Library, 445 Jefferson Street, Westbury
- Thursday, February 27, 7:00 pm-8:30 pm, presented by the Williston Park Public Library in the Assembly Room of Village Hall, 494 Willis Avenue, 3rd Floor, Williston Park