FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 10, 2014
North Hempstead Announces Mobile Evening Office Hours for Building Department
MEDIA CONTACTS: Ryan Mulholland, Sam Marksheid and Rebecca Cheng | (516) 869-7794
North Hempstead, NY –North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth has announced that the Town’s Building Department will be offering evening community-based office hours beginning later this month. These sessions will give residents the opportunity to meet with the Town’s new Applicant Advocate and have their questions or concerns regarding their Building Department application addressed. Residents who have not yet filed an application and have general questions are also welcome.
“These mobile office hours add greater convenience to the Building Department application process,” said Supervisor Bosworth. “You can meet with our Applicant Advocate to receive an update on your permit application and have your questions answered. By bringing this service right into the community after office hours, it provides greater accessibility for our residents.”
The Applicant Advocate was hired at the beginning of January to provide residents with a more customer-friendly experience in the Building Department. The Advocate is tasked with assisting residents in navigating the permit process.
Upcoming Mobile Office Hours will be as follows:
Please bring any relevant information or documentation relating to your Building Department Application.
- Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Ave.; Large Conference Room – Monday, February 24th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Road; Community Room – Wednesday, February 26th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Road; All-Purpose Room- Thursday, February 27th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden Street; Westbury; Monday, March 3rd from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Port Washington Public Library, 1 Library Drive; Hagedorn Room - Tuesday, March 4th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Great Neck Public Library, 159 Bayview Avenue; Multi-Purpose Room- Thursday, March 6th from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p. m.
- Charles J. Fuschillo Park, Carle Road at Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place- Wednesday, March 12th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you have any questions or would like more information on Mobile Office hours and the Applicant Advocate, please call 311 or (516) 869-6311 when calling from outside the Town.
The Building Department's Applicant Advocate meets with residents.