FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 30, 2016
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Sam Marksheid, and Vicki DiStefano | (516) 869-7794
Town Receiver of Taxes to Hold Property Tax Exemption Seminars
North Hempstead, NY – Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman will be holding a series of Property Tax Exemption Seminars throughout the Town over the next several months. Residents can learn about important changes to STAR (Basic and Enhanced), Senior Citizens, Veterans and other exemptions that could help lower property taxes. The income limit for the 2016-2017 Enhanced STAR Exemption for seniors has been increased to under $86,000 (based on 2015 adjusted gross income, less any taxable IRA distributions), making some previously ineligible homeowners, now qualified for the exemption. Staff members will be on hand to distribute applications.
Dates, times and locations for the Property Tax Exemption Seminars are:
- Wednesday, September 14, 7 p.m.-8:45 p.m. at Westbury Memorial Public Library, 445 Jefferson Street, Westbury
- Thursday, September 15, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. at Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Road, Roslyn
- Friday, September 16, 2 p.m.-4 p.m. at Mineola Memorial Library, 195 Marcellus Road Mineola
- Wednesday, September 21, 7 p.m.-8:45 p.m. at Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
- Wednesday, September 28, 7 p.m.-8:45 p.m., presented by the Williston Park Public Library in the Assembly Room of Village Hall, 494 Willis Avenue, 3rd Floor, Williston Park
- Thursday, October 6, 7 p.m.-8:45 p.m. at Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Road, Manhasset
- Wednesday, October 19, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Great Neck Public Library, Station Branch Community Room, 2nd Floor, 26 Great Neck Road, Great Neck
- Tuesday, October 25, 6:45 p.m.-8:45 p.m. at Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park
For more information about the seminars, please contact the Town’s 311 call Center.