FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 17, 2017
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Sam Marksheid, and Vicki DiStefano | (516) 869-7794
Clark Botanic Garden Shop to Feature ‘Made on Long Island’ Products
North Hempstead, NY – North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth, Council Member Peter Zuckerman, the Department of Parks and Recreation and the Fanny Dwight Clark Memorial Garden, Inc. are pleased to announce a new special addition to the Clark Botanic Garden Mary Mountford Gift and Garden shop—a “Made in Long Island,” featuring products made exclusively on Long Island by local artisans.
“This is a wonderful way to highlight and support some of our local craftspeople who produce such unique and beautiful products made right here on Long Island,” said Supervisor Bosworth.
The gift shop will feature different Long Island artists throughout the year. Currently, the shop is featuring an array of unique L.I. products ranging from candles, soap and body care products, pottery, walking sticks, local honey and bamboo brooms.
Featured in the shop:
• Colgan Crafts, Mineola, New York: Handmade whimsical wooden sculptures for all occasions.
• Clean Sweep Bamboo Brooms, Manhasset, New York: Nigel & Ericka William create these bamboo brooms that are more durable and versatile than a traditional broom.
• Sweetrevengesoapery, Williston Park, New York: Handcrafted artisan soap that are perfect for gifts!
• Hamsa Pottery by Beth Heit, Hewlett, New York: Unique clay pottery which is combined and collaged with paraphernalia found in nature such as shells at the beach.
• Beelightful Candles, Massapequa, New York: One hundred percent hand rolled beeswax candles
• Bee Natural Body Care, Setauket, New York: These products use the natural resources of the honeybees of Spy Coast Bee Farm such as the natural butters and oils to make the body care products.
• The Sunday Woodcarver from Huntington New York: Don Dailey is a self-taught wood carver that makes treasures out of repurposed wood.
• Unique Creations by Lucille, East Meadow, New York: Hand crafted walking sticks that are each made from a one of a kind tree branch.
Founded in 1969, Clark Botanic Garden is a 12-acre living museum and educational facility dedicated to understanding and appreciating the world's plant life through horticulture, education and research. It is located at 193 I. U. Willets Road in Albertson. The Clark Botanic Garden Mary Mountford gift shop is open daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., closed on Tuesdays.
For more information, call 311 or (516) 869-6311 from outside of the Town.
Made in Long Island products at the Clark Botanic Garden Mary Mountford gift shop.