FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 19, 2016
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Sam Marksheid, and Vicki DiStefano | (516) 869-7794
Town Announces Spring Mobile Evening Office Hours for Building Department
North Hempstead, NY – North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth is proud to announce that this spring, the Building Department will be hosting a set of evening community-based office hours. Sessions are scheduled to begin in May.
The mobile hours will give residents the opportunity to meet with Lauren Summa, the Town’s Applicant Advocate, who represents the Supervisor, and the mobile Building Department Unit, and have their questions or concerns regarding their Building Department application addressed.
“The evening office hours provide a convenient way for residents to ask any questions they may have about their permits and learn more about the Town’s Building Department,” said Supervisor Bosworth. “After successful mobile office hour sessions during the fall and winter, we are looking forward to hosting an additional five sessions this spring.”
The Applicant Advocate provides residents with a more customer-friendly experience in the Building Department. The Advocate is tasked with assisting residents in navigating the permit process.
Upcoming Mobile Office Hours:
• Tuesday, May 3, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park
• Monday, May 9, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
• Monday, May 16, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Port Washington Public Library, 1 Library Drive, Port Washington
• Wednesday, May 25, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Manhasset Public Library, 30 Onderdonk Avenue, Manhasset
• Monday, June 6, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Westbury Public Library, 445 Jefferson Street, Westbury
Residents are asked to bring any relevant information or documentation relating to their Building Department Application. If you have any questions, or would like more information on Mobile Office hours and the Applicant Advocate, please call 311 or (516) 869-6311 when calling from outside the Town.
A Town resident meets with North Hempstead Supervisor Judi Bosworth, Applicant Advocate Lauren Summa, and Glenn Norjen of the Building Department at a mobile hours session.