FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 2, 2016
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Sam Marksheid, and Vicki DiStefano | (516) 869-7794
Town Partnering with AAPIQLI* to Offer Free Health and Wellness Series
*American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin Queens and Long Island
North Hempstead, NY – North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth and the Town Board are pleased to announce that the Town is partnering with the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin of Queens and Long Island, Inc. (AAPIQLI) to provide free health and wellness seminars to residents in locations throughout the Town. These events will run from August 14 to November 13.
The seminars will feature professionals from AAPIQLI discussing various health and wellness topics, as well as offer hands-on programs including yoga, meditation and a walkathon.
- Sunday, August 14 from 3pm to 5pm: Seminar on Psychiatric Issues, Clark Botanic Garden in Albertson. Speakers Dr. Jovita Krasta and Dr. Vasundhara Kalasapudi.
- Thursday, August 18 from 7pm to 9pm: “Yoga under the Stars” at Clark Botanic Garden in Albertson. Yoga will be held from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.Ms. Linda Esposito Meditation from 8:30pm to 9pm led by Dr. Kala.
- Sunday, September 18 from 3pm to 5pm: Seminar on early detection of ovarian cancer, sleep disorders and care of diabetic foot at “Yes We Can” Community Center in New Cassel. Speakers Dr. Nalini Kanth, Dr. Urmila Sivaraman and Dr. R Jayagopal.
- Sunday, October 9 from 8am to 2pm.: Walkathon at North Hempstead Beach Park to promote Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Sunday, November 13 from 3pm to 5pm: Seminar on Oncology at “Yes We Can” Community Center in New Cassel.
These seminars and events are free and all residents are welcome. For more information or to register, please call 311 or 516-869-6311