FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 20, 2018
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng and Vicki DiStefano | (516) 869-7794
Town of North Hempstead 2017-2018 School Taxes- Second-Half Due Thursday, May 10
North Hempstead, NY – Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman reminds taxpayers that the last day to pay the Town of North Hempstead 2017-2018 School taxes – second-half bill without a penalty is Thursday, May 10. The U.S. Postal Service must postmark mailed payments on or before May 10 to avoid a penalty. By law, office postage meters are not official postmarks. The Receiver of Taxes recommends that taxpayers mailing payments on the last day have their payments hand stamped at the post office to ensure a timely postmark.
Receiver of Taxes Berman also announces that his office will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 10. In addition to paying in person at the Receiver of Taxes’ office located at 200 Plandome Road (Town Hall Annex), Manhasset, taxpayers may also pay in person with only a check or money order at the following local collection sites:
SECOND-HALF 2017-2018 SCHOOL TAX LOCAL COLLECTION SITES
• Monday, April 30 10 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Port Washington Parking District, 15 Vanderventer Ave., Port Washington
• Monday, April 30 1 p.m.-2 p.m. at Hector Gayle Roslyn Community Center, 53 Orchard St., Roslyn Heights (Parking lot on Lincoln Ave.)
• Tuesday, May 1 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at Fuschillo Park, Carle Rd. & Broadmoor Ln., Carle Place
• Tuesday, May 1 from 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. at “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden St., New Cassel
• Wednesday, May 2 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Ave. and New Hyde Park Rd., New Hyde Park
• Wednesday, May 2 from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. at Broadway Park, Broadway & County Courthouse Rd., Garden City Park
• Thursday, May 3 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at Great Neck Social Center, Inc., 80 Grace Ave., Great Neck
• Thursday, May 3 from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. at Michael J. Tully Park, Evergreen Ave., New Hyde Park
• Friday, May 4 from 12 p.m. -2 p.m. at John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Ave., Albertson
Please bring your entire bill with you when paying in person.
Regular office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. For more information, taxpayers may visit the Town’s website at www.northhempsteadny.gov or by calling 311 or 516-869-6311 from outside North Hempstead.
To better serve our taxpayers, our e-mail payment reminder service is available. To sign up, please go to the Town website and click on “Our Government” followed by “Receiver of Taxes” and then click the “Tax Office Email Alerts” tab. A reminder will be e-mailed approximately 10 days before the last day to pay the tax without a penalty.
In addition, property owners may register online for “no cost” access to their General and School property tax information. You can log on to our website at any time to view, print, or check the payment status of your property tax bills. Additionally, for a reduced “convenience fee” property owners will also be able to pay their tax bills using American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover or by “Automatic Electronic Check.” Please note that conventional payments via the U.S. mail or an in-person payment will continue to be “without any convenience fee or charge.”