FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 15, 2019
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Vicki DiStefano and Matt Leonenko | (516) 869-7794
Town Receiver of Taxes to Hold
Property Assessment Grievance Workshops
North Hempstead, NY – Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman invites residents to attend a Property Assessment Grievance Workshop near you. Receiver of Taxes Berman will review the property assessment and grievance processes, and explain how to fill out the grievance application (on paper or online). Applications will be available on site for your convenience. If possible, please bring your Notice of Tentative Assessment for 2020-2021.
If you pay taxes on property in Nassau County, you have the right to appeal your property’s annual assessment set by the Nassau County Department of Assessment on January 2, 2019 (Taxable Status Date). You do not need to use an attorney to file a grievance; property owners may file on their own. The Application for Correction of Property Tax Assessment should be submitted to the Nassau County Assessment Review Commission only during the filing period January 2 – April 30, 2019.
Workshops will be co-sponsored by the Town Board member in their respective council district. Dates, times and locations for the Property Assessment Grievance Workshops are:
• Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 1 p.m. – Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Road, Roslyn
• Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. – Westbury Library, 445 Jefferson Street, Westbury
• Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 7 p.m. – Great Neck House, 14 Arrandale Avenue, Great Neck
• Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 7 p.m. – Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park
• Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 7 p.m. – East Hills Village Hall, 209 Harbor Hill Road, Roslyn
• Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. – North Shore Sephardic Synagogue, 130 Cuttermill Road, Great Neck
• Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 2 p.m. – Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park
• Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 7 p.m. – Shelter Rock Public Library, 165 Searingtown Road, Albertson
• Thursday, February 28, 2019 at 7 p.m. – Manhasset Library, 30 Onderdonk Avenue, Manhasset