FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 6, 2019
MEDIA CONTACTS: Carole Trottere, Rebecca Cheng, Matt Leonenko and Michael Anderson | (516) 869-7794
North Hempstead Partners with the Center for Hearing Health at Mill Neck Audiology Van for 2020 Free Hearing Screenings
North Hempstead, NY – The Town of North Hempstead has announced it will once again be partnering with the Center for Hearing Health at Mill Neck for use of the center’s Audiology Van. The Center will be providing free hearing screenings on dates provided below, with certain dates featuring the St. Francis Cardiac Van in addition. The screenings will be free, and appointments are not necessary. The mobile unit is fully equipped, handicapped accessible. The mobile audiology van will provide health screenings for many people as possible in both Nassau and Suffolk counties.
“The Town is proud to join with the Center for Hearing Health at Mill Neck to provide these free hearing screenings at no cost for our residents,” said Supervisor Judi Bosworth. “We hope that our residents take advantage of the screenings located throughout the Town.”
This year, health screenings will be held on the following dates:
• Tuesday, March 3 at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Fuschillo Park Carle Road at Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
• Wednesday, April 1 at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Magnolia Gardens at 899 Broadway, Westbury
• Thursday, April 16 at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Clinton G. Martin Park at 1601 Marcus Ave, New Hyde Park
• Thursday, April 23 at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Port Washington Adult Activities Center at 80 Manorhaven Blvd, Port Washington
• Monday, May 4 at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the North Hempstead “Yes We Can” Community Center at 141 Garden Street, Westbury
• Thursday, June 4 at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Great Neck Social Center at 80 Grace Ave, Great Neck
• Tuesday, June 9 at 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Sid Jacobson JCC at 300 Forest Drive, East Hills
• Thursday, June 11 at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Manhasset Valley Residence at 155 East Shore Rd, Manhasset
Dates are subject to change. To confirm or for more information, please call 311 or (516) 869-6311.