FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 27, 2020
North Hempstead to Host Summer “Concerts by Candlelight” & Drive-In Concert Series
MEDIA CONTACTS: Gordon Tepper, Rebecca Cheng, Matthew Leonenko and Michael Anderson | (516) 869-7794
North Hempstead, NY - North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth and members of the Town Board have announced that the Town will be hosting drive-in concerts and the “Concerts by Candlelight” series for residents this August.
The three drive-in concerts which will be sponsored by Ridgewood Savings Bank and will be held on:
- Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 8:30 p.m. - Jimmy Kenny and the Pirate Beach Band (Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown Band Tribute) - North Hempstead Beach Park
- Friday, August 7, 2020 at 8:30 p.m. – Captain Jack (Billy Joel Tribute) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Friday, August 28, 2020 at 7 p.m. - That Motown Band (Motown cover band) at Clinton G. Martin Park
Cars will be admitted starting one hour prior to the show. Residents must show their ID to show a proof of residency.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays during the month of August, the Town will also host the “Concerts by Candlelight” series at various parks throughout North Hempstead. Locations will include: Whitney Pond Park, North Hempstead Beach Park, Clark Botanic Garden, and Martin “Bunky” Reid Park. Upcoming dates include:
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. – Ken McGorry (music from the 70s and 80s) – Clark Botanic Garden
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. – Squeaky Clean (family friend rock and roll band) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. – Conga (Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound tribute) – Whitney Pond Park
- Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. – Caribbean Vibe Steel Drum Band – Martin “Bunky” Reid Park
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 7 p.m. – Cold Spring Harbor Band (Billy Joel Tribute) – Clark Botanic Garden
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 7 p.m. – NY Exceptions (classic oldies tunes) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 7 p.m. – Nitework (music from the 60s, 70s and today) – Whitney Pond Park
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 7 p.m. – The Clusters (doo-wop) – Martin “Bunky” Reid Park
Residents will be admitted on a first come, first serve basis and limited to the first 50 individuals. To aid with social distancing guidelines, residents will be asked to stay within their designated seating circle which will all be six feet apart.
While the events are FREE, the Town is encouraging attendees to bring non-perishable/canned foods to each concert as part of North Hempstead's donation drive.
There will be no food available for purchase at these events. However, residents are encouraged to bring their own snacks. Restroom facilities will be available.
For more information, please call 516-869-6311.