FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 28, 2021
North Hempstead Unveils Slate of Spring and Summer Concerts
MEDIA CONTACTS: Gordon Tepper, Rebecca Cheng, Matthew Leonenko and Michael Anderson | (516) 869-7794
Town to host “Concert by Candlelight” and Drive-in Concert Series
North Hempstead, NY – North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth and members of the Town Board have announced that the Town will be hosting drive-in concerts and the “Concerts by Candlelight” series for residents this spring and summer.
“We are extremely excited to offer the Drive-In Concert series and Concerts by Candlelight again this summer,” said Supervisor Bosworth. “Families, friends, and neighbors are encouraged to swing by and enjoy the diverse and entertaining lineup of bands we have in store. All of these concerts are absolutely free, and we hope Town residents will enjoy a much-needed fun and safe night out.”
Cars will be admitted starting one hour prior to the show for the drive-in concerts. Advanced registration is not required. Attendees must remain in their vehicles.
For the Concerts by Candlelight series, residents will be admitted on a first come, first serve basis and capacity will be limited in compliance with social distancing guidelines. To aid with social distancing guidelines, residents will also be asked to stay within their designated seating circle which will all be six feet apart.
- Sunday, May 2 at 6 p.m. – Decadia (80s and Beyond) - North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, May 23 at 6 p.m. – MYXD Order (Classic Rock and Dance) - North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, June 6 at 6 p.m. – Cold Spring Harbor (Billy Joel Tribute) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, June 20 at 6 p.m. – 90’s Band (90s Tribute Band) - North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, July 11 at 6 p.m. – Something Fresh (80s Freestyle, R&B, and Today’s Hits) - North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, July 25 at 6 p.m. – Dr. K’s Motown Review (Sounds of Motown) - North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, August 8 at 6 p.m. – Street Fighter (Rolling Stones Tribute) – North Hempstead Beach Park
- Sunday, August 22 at 6 p.m. – Material Girl (Madonna Tribute) - North Hempstead Beach Park
Concerts by Candlelight
Thursday, May 13 at 7:30 p.m. – Ken McGorry (Music from the 70s and 80s) – Whitney Pond Park
Thursday, May 27 at 7:30 p.m. – Harper’s Ferry (Irish Folk) – Clark Botanic Garden
Thursday, June 3 at 7:30 p.m. – The Next Level Band (Caribbean) – Martin “Bunky” Reid Park
Thursday, June 17 at 7:30 p.m. – Genessa & The Selena Experience (Selena Tribute Band) – North Hempstead Beach Park (Amphitheatre)
Thursday, June 24 at 7:30 p.m. – The Remedy (Rhythmic Top 40s Rock and Country) - Whitney Pond Park
Thursday, July 1 at 7:30 p.m. – Luis Damon (Salsa) – Martin “Bunky” Reid Park
Thursday, July 8 at 7:30 p.m. – Endless Summer (Beach Boys Tribute) – Michael J. Tully Park
Thursday, July 15 at 7:30 p.m. – The LP’s (Music of the 70s and 80s) – Clark Botanic Garden
Thursday, July 22 at 7:30 p.m. - Captain Jack (Billy Joel Tribute Band) - Manorhaven Beach Park
Thursday, July 29 at 7:30 p.m. – A Decade of Soul (Classic Soul and Motown) – Whitney Pond Park
Thursday, August 12 at 7:30 p.m. – Copperline (Music of James Taylor and Friends) – North Hempstead Beach Park (Amphitheatre)
Thursday, August 26 at 7:30 p.m. – Pour Some 80’s On Me (Hits from the 80s, 90s and 2000s) – Clark Botanic Garden
While all the events are FREE, the Town is encouraging attendees to bring non-perishable/canned foods to each concert as part of North Hempstead's donation drive.
Restroom facilities will be available. For more information, please call 516-869-6311.