FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 20, 2021
MEDIA CONTACTS: Gordon Tepper, Rebecca Cheng and Michael Anderson | (516) 869-7794
First-Half of the 2021-2022 School Property Tax, Due November 10
North Hempstead, NY – North Hempstead Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth and Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman remind residents that the last day to pay the 2021-2022 school taxes – first-half bill without a penalty is Wednesday, November 10, 2021. First-half of the 2021-2022 school tax payments must be post-marked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before Wednesday, November 10, 2021 to avoid penalty.
Online tax payment information is shown on the reverse side of your bill. Online payments may be made by check (ACH) or credit card at: northhempsteadny.gov/tax-payments. A $2.00 processing fee for online check payments will apply. If paying with an online check through your bank, please schedule the payment at least ten days prior to the deadline and be sure to include your account number (located in the upper right-hand corner of the tax bill), bill number and/or your section, block and lot.
The online credit card payment processing fee will remain at 2.35% of the tax amount per transaction. New York General Municipal Law requires people paying their property taxes by credit card to also pay the fees associated with the payment transaction. The Town receives no portion of the service fee – that fee is retained by the payment processing vendors. Accepted credit cards are American Express, Mastercard, Discover, or Visa.
When paying in person, you may pay your bill at 200 Plandome Road, Manhasset, NY 11030, during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (The office is not open on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays). The Tax Office will also be open until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, November 10, 2021. You may also pay at the following sites with check or money order only on the dates and times specified. Please bring your entire bill with you when paying in person.
First-Half 2021-2022 School Tax – Local Collection Sites
• Monday, October 25 at 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Port Washington Parking District, 15 Vander-venter Avenue, Port Washington
• Monday, October 25 at 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Hector Gayle Roslyn Community Center, 53 Or-chard Street (Parking lot on Lincoln Avenue), Roslyn Heights
• Tuesday, October 26 at 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. – Fuschillo Park, Carle Road & Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
• Tuesday, October 26 at 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. – “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden Street, New Cassel
• Wednesday, October 27 at 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. – Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Avenue & New Hyde Park Road., New Hyde Park
• Wednesday, October 27 at 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Broadway Park, Broadway & County Court-house Road., Garden City Park
• Thursday, October 28 at 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Great Neck Social Center, 80 Grace Avenue, Great Neck
• Thursday, October 28 – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Michael J. Tully Park, Evergreen Avenue, New Hyde Park
• Friday – October 29 – 12 p.m. –2 p.m. – John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Avenue, Albertson
Anyone making payments by mail should include the remittance stub(s) with their check or money order in the return envelope. They are also asked to write their Bill Number(s) on the check(s), in-clude the payment stub, and make checks payable to: Charles Berman, Receiver of Taxes and mail to the Receiver of Taxes at 200 Plandome Road, Manhasset, NY 11030.
For more information or if you have additional questions, please call 311 or 516-869-6311.