FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 18, 2022
MEDIA CONTACTS: Gordon Tepper, Rebecca Cheng and Michael Anderson | (516) 869-7794
North Hempstead Tax Receiver Reminds Residents about Nassau County Veterans Support Grant Program
North Hempstead, NY – North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman is reminding residents about Nassau County’s Veterans Support Grant Program, a fiscal assistance program aimed to provide relief to veterans’ halls and facilities in Nassau County that sustained financial losses due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The grant program can provide a one-time payment of up to $10,000 to eligible 501(c)3 and 501(c)19 veterans’ posts or organizations that experienced economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
To find the application, applicants should visit https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/1945/Veterans-Service-Agency. Applicants needing assistance can leave a voicemail at 646-825-9617 or email email@example.com and someone will be in contact within 48 hours.
- Be a 501(c)3 or 501(c)19 veterans’ post or organization located in Nassau County.
- Be in operation at the time of application (businesses that have ceased operations due to the pandemic are ineligible).
Demonstrate financial insecurity due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Examples include:
-Loss of Income
-Capacity to weather financial hardship
- Challenges covering operating expenses
- Not be in default or arrears on past or current Federal or State financing or funding programs.
- Not be in conflict of interest with Nassau County, the County Legislature, the local municipality, or the operating program agency.