FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 18, 2022
MEDIA CONTACTS: Gordon Tepper, Rebecca Cheng and Michael Anderson | (516) 869-7794
Town Receiver of Taxes Reminds Residents Second-Half of General Taxes Due Wednesday, August 10
North Hempstead, NY – Town of North Hempstead Receiver of Taxes Charles Berman reminds residents that the last day to pay the 2022 General Taxes – second-half bill without a penalty is Wednesday, August 10, 2022. Second-half of the 2022 General Tax payments must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before August 10, 2022 to avoid penalty.
Online tax payment information is shown on the reverse side of your bill. Online payments may be made by check (ACH) or credit card at: northhempsteadny.gov/tax-payments. A $1.75 processing fee for online check payments will apply. If paying with an online check through your bank, please schedule the payment at least ten days prior to the deadline and be sure to include your account number (located in the upper right-hand corner of the tax bill), bill number and/or your section, block and lot.
The online credit card payment processing fee is 2.30% of the tax amount per transaction. Payments made with debit cards will have a processing fee of $3.95 per transaction. New York General Municipal Law requires people paying their property taxes by credit card to also pay the fees associated with the payment transaction. The Town receives no portion of the service fee – that fee is retained by the payment processing vendors. Accepted credit cards are American Express, Mastercard, Discover, or Visa.
When paying in person, you may pay your bill at 200 Plandome Road, Manhasset, NY 11030, during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (The office is not open on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays). The Tax Office will also be open until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, August 10, 2022. You may also pay at the following sites with check or money order only on the dates and times specified. Please bring your entire bill with you when paying in person.
Second-Half of 2022 General Tax – Local Collection Sites
· Monday, July 25 at 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Port Washington Parking District, 15 Vanderventer Avenue, Port Washington
· Monday, July 25 at 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Hector Gayle Roslyn Community Center, 53 Orchard Street (Parking lot on Lincoln Avenue), Roslyn Heights
· Tuesday, July 26 at 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. – Fuschillo Park, Carle Road & Broadmoor Lane, Carle Place
· Tuesday, July 26 at 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. – “Yes We Can” Community Center, 141 Garden Street, New Cassel
· Wednesday, July 27 at 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. – Clinton G. Martin Park, Marcus Avenue & New Hyde Park Road., New Hyde Park
· Wednesday, July 27 at 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Broadway Park, Broadway & County Courthouse Road., Garden City Park
· Thursday, July 28 at 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Great Neck Social Center, 80 Grace Avenue, Great Neck
· Thursday, July 28 – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Michael J. Tully Park, Evergreen Avenue, New Hyde Park
· Friday, July 29 – 12 p.m. –2 p.m. – John D. Caemmerer Park, Wentworth Avenue, Albertson
Please bring your entire bill with you when paying in person. For more information or if you have additional questions, please call 311 or 516-869-6311.