Home > Coronavirus Updates
A Message from Supervisor Bosworth: Coronavirus Update
Last Updated 1/12/21:
Governor Cuomo announced today that New York State will expand eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine to residents 65 and older, per federal guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Additionally, New York State is currently in Phase 1B of the vaccine distribution, which includes members of the health care sector from Phase 1A, along with teachers and education workers, first responders, public safety workers, public transit workers, and now residents 65 and older.
The Governor emphasized today that approximately 7 million people are now eligible for the vaccine, but the State is only receiving about 300,000 doses per week. So it is important for everyone to remember that the current supply is extremely limited. We encourage residents to regularly check the New York State website at www.ny.gov/vaccine and the Nassau County website at www.nassaucountyny.gov/vaccine for eligibility updates, to register to receive the vaccine, or to find out more information about COVID-19 and the vaccine.
Additionally, as I mentioned in yesterday's update, the New York State Vaccination Hotline is now available for residents to make appointments. The New York State Vaccination Hotline can be reached at 1-833-697-4829.
While the Town is not involved in the prioritization or distribution of the vaccine, we will certainly provide our residents with updates and information as we receive it from Governor Cuomo and New York State. Residents can also visit our website at www.northhempsteadny.gov/vaccine that includes links and helpful information from the State and the County.
Please remember to continue practicing social distancing, wash your hands regularly, and wearing your mask. As always, please be smart and stay safe.
Remember, please be smart and stay safe.
For updates on the COVID-19 vaccine efforts, please visit: www.northhempsteadny.gov/vaccine
TONH Positive Cases by Community (Source)
A listing of all TONH communities and the number of positive COVID-19 cases reported for the specific communities. There are also two columns following each date that shows the change from the prior reporting date in count and percentage.
Tracking NYS Metrics - LI Region (Source)
A report that includes a trend table tracking the 7 metrics required for the LI Region to enter phase 1 and future phases as part of the NY Forward initiative set forth by the Governor. This report also includes each date’s table as a comparative tool to view other regions.
Click here to see the updated reports.
Closures and Updates:
- A local state of emergency for the Town of North Hempstead has been declared through December 8, 2020 due to the conditions produced by the rapid and continuing spread of coronavirus.
- The Town Building Department reopened on May 28 as part of of Phase 1 from New York State. The Building Department will accept applications for minor work by US Mail or package delivery. Requests for the status of existing files and applications can be achieved through via email at Buildings@northhempsteadny.gov. Residents can also schedule an appointment via email for the submission of large Building Permit applications. There will be no walk-in service until further notice. Residents without email access can call 516-869-6311 for assistance. All other existing construction work comments or questions should be directed to the assigned inspector for that project.
- The Town has announced that restaurants can apply for outdoor dining permits free of charge. Application information can be found by clicking here.
- Visit www.mynhtv.com to see the latest virtual programming from North Hempstead TV (NHTV)'s the Town's public access television station. In person Project Independence exercise classes are canceled until further notice, but virtual programming can be viewed on NHTV.
- Project Independence's food shopping transportation program will be extending its hours to 7 a.m. to 2 p.m, 7 days a week. Riders will be picked up individually. Call 311 or 516-869-611, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to make an appointment. Taxi ride costs (including tips) are being waived.
- The Clerk's Office is currently taking appointments for the processing of marriage licenses for Town of North Hempstead residents only. This process is done in person and by appointment ONLY on Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings. Couples should call 311 or 516-869-6311, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Supervisor Judi Bosworth and the Town Board unanimously approved
various building permit extensions, policy modifications, and the waiver
of certain permit fees, in an effort to assist residents during the
current state of emergency. For more information click here.
- Town facilities will remain closed to the public. Essential services, such as 311, the Clerk's office, and sanitation, will continue to operate as the Town maintains the continuity of government. Please call 311 for updated information about the Office of the Town Clerk and Receiver of Taxes.
- The Town's 311 Call Center is open 7 days a week. Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 7:30pm; Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Town bid openings and RFP proposal deadlines are being rescheduled and extended. Please check the Bid (www.northhempsteadny.gov/bids) and RFP (www.northhempsteadny.gov/RFPs) pages of the Town's website for the updated dates. Any questions should be sent to email@example.com.
- Community Services programming is canceled until further notice, please call 311 or 516-869-6311 for the latest updates.
- The Port Washington Parking District 6 a.m. to 9:45 a.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information, please visit:
Nassau County Department of Health COVID-19 Positive Tests Map: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/4946/Coronavirus-COVID-19
New York State Coronavirus Updates: now.ny.gov/page/s/coronavirus-updates
New York State Board of Health: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
Nassau County Board of Health: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/1652/Health-Department
New York State Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
New York State Coronavirus Price Gouging Complaint Form: https://ag.ny.gov/price-gouging-complaint-form
Nassau County Department of Consumer Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 516-571-2600
Click here to view the archive of updates.