A Message from Supervisor Bosworth: Coronavirus Update
Last Updated 5/27/20:
I am happy to report that this weekend North Hempstead Beach Park and Manorhaven Beach are opening up for the season. Due to Governor Cuomo's directives, the beaches can only operate at 50% capacity and social distancing on the beach must be 10 feet as opposed to the 6 feet we've become accustomed to.
In addition, when coming to the beach, you must bring a mask so that you can wear it when you are unable to social distance. Please note, Town beaches will be open to North Hempstead residents only. Additionally, we decided to waive all fees for our beaches and parks during the time of this pandemic. I hope you are able to enjoy our parks and beaches throughout the summer. Please feel free to share this information with your family, friends, and neighbors.
These are extremely challenging times for all of us, but as long as we work together, follow social distancing protocols, and wear masks when you are in situations where you cannot social distance, we will get through this. We are a family here in North Hempstead, and it has never been more apparent than now.
I would also like to send a special thank you to all of our medical, emergency, and essential workers, and of course our Town employees, who are going above and beyond during this unprecedented time. We truly owe them a debt of gratitude for the exceptional work they are doing - day in and day out.
And in closing, as we head into the Memorial Day weekend, it is important to acknowledge and recognize the brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives while serving to protect our great nation.
Though things are dramatically different this Memorial Day due to the pandemic, one thing that has not changed is the great respect, love, and gratitude we feel for those who have paid the "ultimate sacrifice" in protecting our freedom and our way of life.
So please join me in taking time this Memorial Day to remember and honor our fallen heroes.
Thank you and stay safe.
Supervisor Judi Bosworth
TONH Positive Cases by Community (Source)
A listing of all TONH communities and the number of positive COVID-19 cases reported for the specific communities. There are also two columns following each date that shows the change from the prior reporting date in count and percentage.
Tracking NYS Metrics - LI Region (Source)
A report that includes a trend table tracking the 7 metrics required for the LI Region to enter phase 1 and future phases as part of the NY Forward initiative set forth by the Governor. This report also includes each date’s table as a comparative tool to view other regions.
Click here to see the updated reports.
Closures and Updates:
- The Town Building Department is reopening on May 28 as part of of Phase 1 from New York State. The Building Department will accept applications for minor work by US Mail or package delivery. Requests for the status of existing files and applications can be achieved through via email at Buildings@northhempsteadny.gov. Residents can also schedule an appointment via email for the submission of large Building Permit applications. There will be no walk-in service until further notice. Residents without email access can call 516-869-6311 for assistance. All other existing construction work comments or questions should be directed to the assigned inspector for that project.
- Parks facilities including: the "Yes
We Can" Community Center, the Michael J. Tully Park Aquatic Activities
Center, the Clinton G. Martin Park building and the Fuschillo Park
building are closed. As of Monday, May 11 North Hempstead Town Parks
will reopen for passive use. The Championship Golf Course at Harbor
Links will be reopening on a limited basis on May 11 as well. Everyone
is still being advised that they must follow precautionary measures to
ensure the safety of both residents and Town employees.
- Visit www.mynhtv.com to see the latest virtual programming from North Hempstead TV's the Town's public access television station.
- Project Independence's food shopping transportation program will be extending its hours to 7 a.m. to 2 p.m, 7 days a week. Riders will be picked up individually. Call 311 or 516-869-611, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to make an appointment.
- The Clerk's Office is currently taking appointments for the processing of marriage licenses for Town of North Hempstead residents only. This process is done in person and by appointment ONLY on Monday, Wednesday, Friday mornings. Couples should call 311 or 516-869-6311, or email email@example.com to make an appointment
- Tax Office has temporarily suspended
in-person services to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. Residents are asked to make tax payments through
the online payment system or through mail. Additionally, there will be no local community tax collection sites this Spring. The tax payment deadline has been extended to June 1.
Supervisor Judi Bosworth and the Town Board unanimously approved
various building permit extensions, policy modifications, and the waiver
of certain permit fees, in an effort to assist residents during the
current state of emergency. For more information click here.
- Town facilities will remain closed to the public until Thursday, June 11. Essential services, such as 311, the Clerk's office, and sanitation, will continue to operate as the Town maintains the continuity of government.
- The What to Know Before Buying and Selling a Home programs scheduled for May 21 and May 28 at the Manhasset and Hillside Libraries have been canceled.
- The Town's 311 Call Center is open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Town run Senior Project Independence programs and exercise classes are canceled at least until the end of May.
- Community Service programming is canceled at least through the end of May.
- Town bid openings and RFP proposal deadlines are being rescheduled and extended. Please check the Bid (www.northhempsteadny.gov/bids) and RFP (www.northhempsteadny.gov/RFPs) pages of the Town's website for the updated dates. Any questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit:
Nassau County Department of Health COVID-19 Positive Tests Map: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/4946/Coronavirus-COVID-19
New York State Coronavirus Updates: now.ny.gov/page/s/coronavirus-updates
New York State Board of Health: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
Nassau County Board of Health: https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/1652/Health-Department
New York State Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
New York State Coronavirus Price Gouging Complaint Form: https://ag.ny.gov/price-gouging-complaint-form
Nassau County Department of Consumer Affairs: email@example.com or call 516-571-2600
Click here to view the archive of updates.